VELO Cycle Club NMG Winners 2013
Grant Long Managing Director of NMG was pleased to attend the annual awards ceremony of the Velo Cycle Club Norwich as one of its principal two sponsors. Grant was happy to present the two NMG annual awards in front of a packed audience to:
Louise Marsden - The NMG Most Improved Rider Trophy.
The winner is selected by the committee from the members' nominations. "Most Improved Rider" could be someone who has made the biggest measurable improvement in competitive events, but may also be awarded to a rider who has shown the biggest subjective improvement in club rides and non competitive events. Louise was a deserved winner and she is going to try hard to win again next year and retain her title.
Â Jonathan Greenway - The NMG Sportive Trophy.
Jonathan was out in front by a mile, having cycled 3,582 miles on this event alone in 2013.
Awarded to the member with the highest accumulated mileage in sportive type events in the annual calendar period of Jan-Dec each year.
- Sportives are defined asÂ "non-competitive events with a paid entry fee" so include charity rides, reliability rides, and Audax events as well as events publicised as Sportives.
- Events run anywhere in the world are valid.
- Riders are expected to participate in eligible events in club kit.
- The award is only open to full (first claim) club members
- The winning claimant must be able to verify their mileage claim. Evidence can include, certificates of completion, event website records, stamped Audax brevet cards, or rider GPS records
- Claims to be submitted by Jan 20th for the previous year's season
Both winners were very worthy and were commended and NMG are proud and pleased to be associated with Velo for the 4th year running. Anyone interested in joining Velo Cycle Norwich should click here http://vcnorwich.co.uk/membership/